Gamers Consult has 1 Review
Below are the reviews left by other members on Gamers Consult. Jump to review form?
Xeronia gave it on 11th Jul 2011 and said:
It is difficult for me to properly review this site because I do not speak Spanish. However, since rev.iew.me is in English, I'll do my best.
First of all, it looks like you're trying to make a community site focused on gaming similar to the site Slashdot.org. Not a bad idea, in my opinion. However, I'm not sure if WordPress is the right system. It certainly will be just fine while your community is small. If it gets bigger, it might be worthwhile to look at a script that is more geared towards community discussions than WordPress is.
Things I really like:
1) Organization. I don't know if you've covered all the topics that a gamer wants to see, but you've definitely made it easy for me to find exactly what I want to see. I think that the layout that you've chosen helps a lot.
2) I also like the darker color scheme that your layout has, even though I tend to think that lighter color schemes are better. It seems to be a trend among gaming websites, and following that trend helps define you as a gaming website. So as long as that trend exists, I think that you'd benefit from a darker layout.
I am aware that you didn't make the layout yourself, so I won't point out any flaws that I think are in the original theme that I don't know how to change myself.
1) Look at the bottom of any page on your site. It looks like the layout is broken. Looking at your page source, I'd say that SEOPressor messed something up when you installed it. Uninstalling it would fix the problem If you aren't using any plugins that attaches functionality (as opposed to some plain HTML text) to the bottom of your website (such as WordPress.com Stats), you can go into your footer.php file in your theme and delete the phrase "wp_footer();"
2) On your sidebar, I believe that you are using the plain text widget. Instead of making a list with hyphens, use unordered lists.
3) Your Google +1 buttons appear twice on the page. I think that unless your articles are very long, which they're not, that once on the page is good enough. Finally, unless your Facebook button appears twice as well, it doesn't look as good to have two +1 buttons. Also, I think it's better that the button appear on the bottom of the page rather than the top. Readers would want to share the content after they're done reading it.
4) Your Twitter box is in an odd place. I suggest adding another widget with a link to your RSS feed, Twitter page, and Facebook page. It'll make things easier to find.
1) I think that your movie trailers should be another category of posts instead of a page. If you do choose to keep it as a page, then you should only put one trailer on a line. That way, you can make the window playing the trailer bigger, and the videos won't stick out of the content section of the theme like they do now.
2) "Movies Trailers" should be "Movie Trailers" in English. Also "Advertisement" should be "Advertise" on the top of your layout and "Advertisements" in the headings.
3) I find it a bit confusing that most of your written content is in Spanish, yet your navigation is in English. I'd prefer that it was all in the same language. In addition, the little bits of written content that is in English is not very well-written English, and it's clear that English is not your native language. I think that, for that reason, your site would be better if it were just in Spanish.
4) Why July 12? It's currently not July 12 yet anywhere in the world as I'm writing this review.
5) I think that capitalizing the headings in your sidebar would make your site seem more professional. In the stylesheet for your theme, delete "text-transform: lowercase;" from the section that starts with ".sidebar-box h2".
6) I see a lot of good reviews out there for SEOPressor. However, the official websites for that plugin all seem very sketchy and illegitimate the way they're set up. For comparison, compare the SEOPressor website against the Akismet (a spam plugin that is well-established and legitimate). I get the feeling that they're hiding something behind a wall of sensationalism, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was illegitimate somehow. You should investigate more into it before expanding your community a bit more. I'm also skeptical because that plugin is not listed in the WordPress plugins database, as the vast majority of plugins are.
7) I don't think that you need the big, blue "contact us" button on the side of your layout and the form that pops up when it gets clicked on. You already have a link to your contact page at the top of your layout. Also, the blue doesn't fit in with the rest of the site.
8) You might get more visitors if you made it so that anyone who filled out their name and email fields could post comments.
I hope that my review was helpful. If you need any help making any changes I suggested, let me know.
Using Chrome on Windows | Report This?
Write Your Own Review
Leave your feedback for Gamers Consult below, and remember - the longer your review, the more points you receive. Don't forget to look at things like style/design, content, coding and originality as they will all help to improve the quality of your review.
You have to be logged in to write a review.